Friday, July 8, 2011

Twitter

As far as twitter goes, I did create my account and I linked it to follow Dr. S.  I do not feel that it is appropriate to use twitter in my classroom or any other elementary classroom. I do not think that students should be responding quickly through twitter instead of raising their hands and socializing with the class.  I also know that it does take my students awhile to type out a sentence and I would not want to waste time waiting for them to type.  Students in first grade should be practicing writing with a pencil and using the lines to write neatly.  They should also practice spelling words correctly. I am also not sold on the idea of twitter yet.  I do not want to know what friends of mine are doing every minute of the day.  It's bad enough that many put what they do everyday on facebook.  I think that if you want to know what a friend or family member is doing, you should just ask them through an email, text, phone call, skyping, or better yet in person.

1 comment:

  1. Why is it so important for all of America to know what you are doing at any one moment? While i do see how one could use this as a tool for communication, there are other methods of communicating that could help create a more well rounded individual. For example...emailing, a phone call, talking in person, a text message. All of these seem more acceptable than a child having access to their teachers private life.

    ReplyDelete