Monday, July 25, 2011

Reflecting on Teaching With Technology

This course has not only helped me become comfortable with using Web 2.0 tools, but it has also taught me how to reflect on my own learning and challenge myself to learn how to use new tools in my  classroom. This up coming school year, I plan on using a blog to communicate with parents and showcase students' work. I also plan on putting my monthly newsletter on my website and wiki. I also would like to try to use Smilebox to send out announcements, invitations and newsletters for my class. I also plan on using Engrade for my grade book and I will send out the link to my co-workers.  When I first started this course, I already had a website, wiki and blog for my class but I only used the basics applications and I was not very comfortable updating or adding to them.  I now feel really comfortable with using these Web 2.0 tools and I look forward to remodeling my current pages and showing them to my student's parents at our parents as partners night in September. This course has also taught me about social bookmarking, social networking, Google docs, iGoogle, twitter, youtube, podcasting, digital footprints, just to name a few.  I feel like I am walking away from this course with a wealth of knowledge about technology and how to apply it in my classroom.  This course has me looking forward to a new school year and new start.  I feel refreshed and ready to begin a new year....but not until we have one more month of summer vacation:) Thank you Dr. Smirnova for sharing some of your wisdom with me!

 

2 comments:

  1. Janeen, I'd like to personally thankyou for being a great partner during this course. I was very lucky to have met, and worked with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janeen,
    I too had a web page, wiki and thought I was using technology pretty actively. This has been a valuable course to me as well. Even though I have been teaching for 14 years, I feel like a teacher fresh out of school ready to tackle the world. I needed this course to refresh and rejuvenate my love for teaching!

    ReplyDelete